أهلا وسهلا بكم في منتدى المراجع المصرى/المحاسب القانونى محمد صفوت نتمنى لكم اجمل الاوقات برفقتنا
ضع وصفاً للصورة الأولى الصغيره هنا1 ضع وصفاً للصورة الثانية الصغيره هنا2 ضع وصفاً للصورة الثالثه الصغيره هنا3 ضع وصفاً للصورة الرابعه الصغيره هنا4
العودة   منتدى المراجع المصرى/المحاسب القانونى محمد صفوت > - Financial Accounting -Tax > Financial Accounting
« آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات »
         :: مفهوم الدعم والمقاومة (آخر رد :دعاء يوسف علي)       :: أفضل أنواع التداول (آخر رد :دعاء يوسف علي)       :: خطوات التسجيل في فرنسي تداول (آخر رد :دعاء يوسف علي)       :: شروط تسجيل عضوية بموقع حراج (آخر رد :دعاء يوسف علي)       :: رسوم الحساب الاستثماري في تداول الراجحي (آخر رد :دعاء يوسف علي)       :: اعتماد العزل (آخر رد :مروة مصطفي)       :: شركة امتلاك (آخر رد :مروة مصطفي)       :: كيفية شراء الاسهم الامريكية الحلال (آخر رد :سلمي علي)       :: طريقة تحويل العملات المختلفة (آخر رد :سلمي علي)       :: حجابات شيفون (آخر رد :سلمي علي)      

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 07-28-2013, 01:28 PM
المحاسب المتميز المحاسب المتميز غير متواجد حالياً
عضو مميز

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2013
المشاركات: 765
Smile Accounts Payable

I am building custom accounting software for my company and need to solve a problem with accounts payable. Accounts Payable from what I read is considered short term liability while credit accouts such as credit cards or line of credit are considered long term liability.

In general when my users receive bills these are the transactions I perform:
- AP goes down (since normal balance is neg)
- Expense goes up

For credit card bills what I have been doing is:
- AP goes down
- Credit card account goes up (so less money is owed)
- Interest expense goes up (if carying a balance)

So what has occured here is that I have moved a portion of the liability from the credit card account to the AP account, both being liability accounts.

Although the balance sheet still reports the net amounts correctly there is a problem that a long term liability has been converted to a short term liability for the time that the bill has been entered until it has been paid (usualy 30 days). Is this a problem or standard practice?

If this is wrong then what is the solution? I am thinking of two possible workarounds so the balance sheet reports correctly.

1. Upon bill entry instead of offsetting the AP with the credit card account, I could offset it with a short term liability contra account. This way the long term liability can remain on the credit card account's balance sheet until payment is actualy performed. The contra account and the AP entry will then cancel each other out on the balance sheet until payment occurs. At payment time the contra is undone and the credit card is credited.

2. The other option I see is to skip the AP altogether at bill entry time for bills that affect long term liability accounts since that liability is already in the books and only credit the credit card account at payment time. With this option the AP will not show the credit card bill in the total aggregation.

I don't know which is the accepted practice or if there is another practice I am not aware of.

ساعد في نشر والارتقاء بنا عبر مشاركة رأيك في الفيس بوك

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة